Integrated regional information system «Investment Development of the Leningrad Region» (further IRIS) presents an interactive map demonstrating investment advantages and abilities of the Leningrad Region.
The goal is to make full and up-to-date information on investment, infrastructural and resource potential of the Leningrad Region in improvement of regional investment climate available for potential investors, governmental bodies and legal and natural persons.
The system makes it possible to receive visual information about the resource and infrastructure potential of the region, location, and characteristics of investment projects, land resources, cadastral classification of the territory, select land plots best suiting implementation of an investment project, become acquainted with plans of government authorities and subjects of natural monopolies to create utilities and transport infrastructure facilities.
The system includes the following sections:
- Industrial parks;
- Free investment sites;
- Mono-towns and TASED;
- Investment projects;
- Objects of infrastructure programs;
- Municipal formations.
Each of the system objects has a text description and a map display. Mapping data is presented in section “Information layers”.
The following options are available to the user when working with the system:
- Navigate the map and change the display scale;
- View information about the selected investment object, the engineering and transport infrastructure facility;
- Display of public map services as a main background, e.g. Yandex.Maps;
- Display of satellite snapshots from public map services;
- View schemes of investment sites and industrial parks;
- Assessment of the existing infrastructure of the industrial park, investment site;
- View infrastructure development plans on the investment site territory or in the nearest accessibility;
- Search for investment projects that are in process of implementation (also implemented or planned);
- Selection of investment objects according to individual criteria;
- View information on proposed support measures (benefits) in the Leningrad region;
- Transfer of application for the location of production;
- Request additional information from the system operator;
- Download data in excel and pdf formats;
- Getting a link to the selected object or area of the map;
- Save the map area as image;
- Print selected map area;
- Using hints and graphical instructions;
- Measurement of distances, areas.
In 2018 Integrated regional information system (IRIS) was transformed into HTML5, space data management system was updated, adaptive editions for smartphones and tablets were implemented.
The system can be accessed at no charge 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
Information of limited distribution contained in the System is available in accordance with Decree No. 15 of the Committee for Economic Development and Investment Activity of Leningrad Region Administration “On introduction of segregation of an access right to information when maintaining the Integrated Regional Information System “Investment Development of the Leningrad Region” dated April 23, 2014.
At present, the system has no counterparts in Russia in terms of the structure and amount of materials as well as functional capacities. The system has been mentioned in the collection of successful practices of implementing a regional investment standard by the Strategic Initiative Agency in 2014.
In 2014, the integrated regional information system “Investment development of the Leningrad Region territory” became a winner in the “Information” nomination within the framework of the first Russian national contest “Best managerial decisions of regional government authorities concerning the investment environment development” held by the Russian Federation Ministry of Economic Development.